Lead Data Engineer
The goal of the Lead Data Engineer is to build and maintain data processing frameworks and provide data solutions to the company’s business units such as Entrego Express and Entrego Logistics resulting in an efficient data architecture and data quality for management decision making. Responsible for making sure that data used by analysts for business stakeholders are relevant and actionable. The role is active in mentoring junior members of the team and stakeholders to ensure success and efficiency.
· Build and maintain efficient data infrastructure/architecture by designing and implementing data ingestion solutions using data management technologies
· Design and optimize data models
· Manage a team of data engineers implementing data pipelines and system integration
· You’ll be working with team leads, architects, analysts and other stakeholders to ensure that our data infrastructure meets business needs
· You are expected to work with data scientists and data analysts in getting analytical data models production ready
· Investigate and research data quality and integrity from data sources
· Develop and maintain data platforms and ETLs
· Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to data engineers to be more effective individual contributors
· Graduate of any science or business bachelor’s degree Preferably a STEM degree
· 3-5 years of data engineering experience
· Data-driven, innovative, problem-solver with analytical mindset and critical thinker
· Keen on data technologies and pick up new skills and tools along the way
· Strong SQL expertise, optimizing complex joins and database concepts.
· Strong programming development experience in languages like Python, Java, Scala or other similar programming language
· Knowledge in version controls such as Git
· Experience working in Data Warehouse and Data Lake
· Experience in data engineering tools like Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery, Airflow, etc.
· Experience in Cloud-based Data solutions like AWS Redshift, Kinesis, Database Migration Service, AWS Glue, etc.